Sunday 16 May 2010

The start of something new

It seems somewhat iconic to me that as one aspect of my life ends, a different one begins. And so, as I prepare to say my farewells to the country that has become my home over the past 9 months, I lay the foundations for my home on the blogosphere.

In a little town in North Rhine-Westphalia there is a bed, which is where I am, snuggled up to a too-big German pillow. My toes are in the here and now, complaining of the cold, but half of my mind is back in Yorkshire, discussing the origin of dreams. The other half is flitting between the composition of a certain blog entry and wondering how on earth the guitar next to me got to be so dusty.

With a weekend of less than inspiring greyness, a little guitar playing and plenty of musing behind me, I am faced with a week which is set to be charged with emotion: my last week of teaching. In-depth reflections on "The Year Abroad" and being an assistant will follow later in the week, when it isn't twenty to midnight and I'm slightly more alert!

1 comment: