Sunday 23 May 2010

Scrub 'til it sparkles


"The best time for planning a book is while you're doing the dishes"
Agatha Christie


Now, I'm not planning a book, but I do agree with Ms Christie - there's something about housework that allows the mind to wander. I do rather like doing housework when I get down to it... but I like to do it when I have the house to myself. I don't know why. So my housemate flew off to Geneva for the weekend, and I got out the disinfectant. 4 hours later and the kitchen is perfect for the first time in a very long time. Plus I have the satisfaction factor of having got a lot done. Aaah, bliss! I may also be a little high on cleaning products. How rock and roll.

I'm looking forward to a few sociable days now, crashing on a friend's floor and tripping to Essen to meet up with a lot of other assistants, and then having a flat party the following evening. Should be fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment