Saturday 22 May 2010

One man and his dog

There's a man I often see when I walk into town. He must be about 60, and he is always walking a dalmatian. We always say hello. A few weeks ago he asked me, apropos de nothing, if I really always walked into the centre (a 75 minute walk). I gave him an answer - yes, not always, but often - and we went our separate ways. Yesterday I was on my way to the train station when I met him again, and we had a lovely little chat. I like moments like these, when strangers interact. I may never see him again, but I know random little facts about him, as he does about me.

I was going to the train station because I was heading to a town called Hameln. Never heard of it? How about its English name then, Hamelin. As in, the Pied Piper thereof. Us assistants were going on a daytrip into the Lower Saxony region, armed with a toy rat for all those Pied-Piper-y photo opportunities. The sun shone for the first time in weeks, for which we were all overdressed, and we wandered and took photos and ate ice-cream (ginger ice-cream - oh my!) and let time pass us by. It's a beautiful little town.

On the walk home the sun was sinking in the sky, and the evening light was beautiful, so I took the opportunity to take some nature photos as I was passing through the forest and past gardens. This pink flower was just crying out to be snapped:

As was this dandelion flower, and the dandelion clock (aren't dandelion clocks just the most fascinating "flowers"?)


And finally these tree-pictures. There's something magical about evening light, I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment