Monday 4 March 2013

The French Farming Chronicles: Lullaby for a Cockerel

As a student of foreign languages, I was obliged to take a year abroad as part of my studies. This saw me spend the summer of 2010 volunteering on French farms as part of the WWOOF (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms) scheme.

I was inspired to write. To begin with I wrote for my own enjoyment. But as my book progressed, I began to think that it could be interesting and amusing for others to read, too. Which is why I am here. Two and a half years on, I am ready to share my experience with you, whether you are a languages student, a potential WWOOFer, or one of the many curious, nosey or bored blog-hoppers who have stumbled here by accident. Each day for the next seven weeks - or as close to every day as I can manage - I will upload a chapter of my book, Lullaby for a Cockerel.

So pack up your cyber-rucksack and join me in my discoveries as I meander garrolously through the ups, downs, ins and outs of country life, French farm style.


No comments:

Post a Comment