Thursday 4 April 2013

23rd July 2010 – A donkey called Accidental




I felt even more ridiculous the next day when by chance I was sent up that path again to look for a particular flower. About ten metres past the place where I had played at taking part in a pagan ritual, I was given a fright by the loud braying of an invisible donkey. Another metre around the corner and we came face to face with each other. He was a fairly standard, nondescript kind of donkey of mottledy greys and browns. But he did have a loud voice. The thought that he might have interrupted me like that mid-spin the night before made me laugh out loud. It would possibly have been the only thing that could have made that evening even more preposterous. Back at the house I asked about the donkey. Apparently his name was Accidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment