Sunday 19 February 2012

Love is in the air...

… although it isn’t in the air for me! On Tuesday – Valentine’s Day – I played Cupid. One of my flatmates fancied one of my work colleagues, and asked me for my help. So while she wasn’t there at lunchtime I surreptitiously transferred a sizeable box of chocolates from a hidden place on his desk to hers, trying to look as nonchalant as possible so as not to attract suspicion from other colleagues. Soon the chocolates were the talk of the office, despite the recipient’s attempt to keep them a secret. Everybody suspected my flatmate, who spent the rest of the week denying it. But he got a date with his girl at the end of it all… so we shall see!

On the work front, all is not well in Spain with salads. We’ve been having really low temperatures, particularly at night. It’s very unusual, and the plants can’t handle it. So the iceberg lettuces are literally freezing is their beds – they contain a high percentage of water – and are disintegrating in the fields. Not good news for the farmers… and it won’t be good news for salad stocks on the UK shelves, either.

I might not have met with love this week, but I did meet with a large flock of sheep! It was quite a shock. There I was, driving along at 80km/h… around a corner… cue an emergency break! A veritable sea of sheep was trotting towards me. Hazard lights on, hoping that nobody came whizzing too fast around the corner behind me, all I could do was sit there and wait. And take a photograph, of course:

On the subject of photograpghs, it’s finally that time of year again: sunrises on my morning walks. I have little to write about this week, so I’ll leave you with a selection of this week’s best shots. Next week, there’ll be news on a trip to a nearby national park… so keep tuned. Hasta Luego!


No comments:

Post a Comment